Friday 1 June 2007

Mystery solved











Here is the finished mystery. It is a fortune teller. Do you remember playing with these as a child? I sure do. I have made this for my granddaughter so she can share with her friends.It was an interesting stitch and quite easy to put together. The folding directions, in particular, are excellent. The design is by Lynne Nicoletti and I bought it at my friend Ann's needlwork shop. Ann tells me that Ms. Nicoletti is putting out another fortune teller that will have a fairy tale theme. Needless to say, I have my name down to purchase one. Yesterday was a great day for stitching. As you saw by last week's post a group of us stitch on Thursday afternoon. I then got an invitation to stitch last evening. Did I turn it down? No way.

7 comments:

Beatrice said...

Your fortune teller is wonderful. I look forward to the fairy tale one. We can do that as a SAL

Schokti said...

Fantastic, Kathy! I just saw the new release on an email from Patterns Online. What a fantastic idea! I am not normally a Lynn Nicoletti fan, but this is brilliant!

Anonymous said...

Kathy The fortune teller looks terrific. I am sure Drew will love it.
Judie

Dani - tkdchick said...

Kathy that looks awesome I bet your granddaughter will be over the moon!

Ruth said...

Great work! I had a ahrd enough time making those out of paper when I was little. I can't even imagine trying stitching one! Congrats.

Wendy said...

That is so sweet! I used to love playing with these when I was a kid. I can't wait to see what the fairy tale theme one will look like! I'm sure your granddaughter is thrilled with her new present.

Aussie Stitcher said...

I remember these and used to love playing with them. Will have to watch out for these designs.

Joanne