Friday 17 August 2007

Noah's Ark



This is my other WIP. This is Dimensions Santa and the Ark Stocking. It has been in and out of my stitching bag for a few years. It is on 18 count navy and I have trouble seeing the holes and working on such a small count. I use a magnifier some days. Other days I can see with no difficulties. Somedays it goes along smoothly and other days not so well. I am determined to stick with this one until it is finished. This is #5 in a series of Christmas stockings for my nieces, nephews and grandchildren. I don't think it will be done for this Christmas but maybe next? I hope by stitching on it only once a week I will not toss it to the bottom of the pile again. Yesterday was stitching at Ann's. Spent a great deal of time chatting and catching up on everyone's work since I had been away for three weeks. I did get a few stitches in Annemarie's RR but not enough to photograph yet. I am looking forward to the retreat at Ann's this weekend. I think Dani and Christin are planning to spend the night with me since Ann's place will be full. These girls stitch until 1 a.m. or later. I can't last that long but I always try.

6 comments:

ragamuffin child said...

That looks really cute! Hope it stitches up fast for you :)

Sue said...

Oh, I love your stocking ;)

Lynn said...

I have a piece as well that I keep putting away. It's Cross My Heart's the Water Dragon and it's done on 18ct black. I have a really hard time with seeing on it even with a light on my lap. Don't know if it will ever get done!!

Beatrice said...

The blue turned out pretty. I know it is a problem to stitch on dark fabrics but it is looking sooooo goooood. Don't give up on it!!!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Soooo Kathy are you going to start this over on a new fabric after yesterday's discussion?

Sherry said...

oh I really like your Noah's Ark , looks like it was a lot of fun to stitch.