Monday 20 August 2007

What a Retreat!

Hello everyone. Well, what a weekend it was. Can you imagine 24 stitchers with all their completed and WIP's all in the same house. It was bedlam but what fun! There was a great deal of chatter, a lot of admiring each other's work and very little stitching in the early part of the day. My DH says it is like a foreign language when we speak - designers, fabrics, threads, needles, counts, WIP's, SAL's, RR's, UFO's and so on. I don't know about you but to me it makes perfect sense.
It was so cool to meet fellow stitchers that I only knew from online - Wendy and Rebecca.
Wendy is going to do a SAL on Paradigm Lost in November with myself, Beatrice, Dani and Christin. Consider this your invitation to join us if you wish.
Wendy, Dani, Beatrice and Ann took lots of photos so instead of photos I invite you to visit their blogs for photos and I say DITTO!
I also met Chrisanne who had done the Instant Gratification Round Robin with myself, Dani and Jodi. Dani gifted me with my completed Round Robin at the retreat. Isn't it beautiful!

Dani also brought me a birthday gift. I have never owned any hand dyed fabrics and was thrilled to receive some pieces. She included a skein of silk thread from Australia, a Caron Waterlilies and a package of Piecemaker needles.The birthday card has the most beautiful photo of a swan. We have swans who swim into our bay at times and there are 80 breeding pairs in the area where I live, so the card was very appropriate. What a lovely gift! I am so lucky to have such a wonderful friend.

My heartfelt thanks go to Ann and her husband Dan at Knowledge and Needles. They took this large, noisy group of stitchers into their home and treated us all like family. Dan and Ann fed me Friday evening, as I tried to get a jump start on the weekend. Dan made the most wonderful breakfast for all the stitchers who stayed overnightSaturday and included myself and my guests, Dani and Chrisanne. The kindness and graciousness they both showed are above and beyond any LNS I have ever encountered. Thanks again Dan and Ann.

8 comments:

Dani - tkdchick said...

Kathy! You're making me blush! It was yet another fantastic retreat! Now to start looking forward to next year!

Also the long weekend! Can't wait!

Wendy said...

It was so great to meet you, Kathy, although I already felt like we were old friends from knowing you through our blogs. I'm looking forwards to our Paradigm Lost SAL!

Oh and what was that again about not crocheting and something else together? LOL! I think I forgot to add that in my blog post.

Beatrice said...

Your gifts are wonderful... aren't we lucky to have such wonderful friends.
Ditto... to all the wonderful words for Dan and Ann.
Your RR piece is BEAUTIFUL.!!!!!

Michelle said...

Sounds so fun! Your RR is gorgeous. Congrats!

Sue said...

That retreat sounds like so much fun. I've read about it on a few other blogs. I would love to do something like that, but nothing available in my area ;)

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

That sounds like a super great time!

Jenny said...

Sounds like a grand time! I'm so jealous. :)

Lynn said...

What a lovely birhday gift! I'm a big fan of the hand dyed fabrics. Hope you enjoy them. Love your RR, it's so pretty!
Glad you had a good time at the retreat. I'm hoping to join you there next year.