Thursday 15 November 2007

Bach and I stitching

Thought you might enjoy this photo. I am stitching on Crystal Tree at my sister's in Texas. At my left is my pattern, at my right is my thread box, on my lap and sitting on my fabric is my sister's cat Shiner Bach. I am holding a needle and thread in my hand. I was trying to thread my needle to start the next stitches and Bach decided that he would help me.
We arrived in Arizona late yesterday afternoon. We had a very busy and emotional two weeks visiting with my sister and Jim in Texas. He is doing better. Tiny little steps at a time. He can now move his right hip, knee and foot. The movement is small but we are grateful for each one.
It was very difficult to leave my sister on Wednesday but it was time to move on.
The weather is beautiful 84F and sunny without a cloud in the sky. It will take me a couple of days to unpack and clean the summer sand out of the place.
I am sorry that I did not keep up with everyone and their progress. Time just slipped by and there was never enough time to sit in front of the computer. Now that I am here I will do lots of catching up and look forward to seeing everyone's projects and progress. I will try and blog more often too.
Well, everyone gotta go - it is nine and dine at the local golf course tonight and DH is on the course and I am off to join him for dinner.

11 comments:

mainely stitching said...

The weather sounds marvelous. Glad you could do some visiting, even if the time spent with loved ones was too short. Take care!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I bet it was an emotional couple of weeks...and I don't even want to think about the leaving...but I'm sure glad that small steps are being taken. He and the entire family remains in my prayers.

I'm anxious to see your progress for this week on the SAL :)
I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Hey Kathy, glad you made it to Arizona safely! Boy you barely let your feet hit the ground and you're already running off to Nine and Dine!!!

You'll be missed this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Hi - good news - your BIL is doing better and you arrived safely. We will miss you this weekend. Hope you do keep up with your blogging. It's fun to hear from you.

Hazel said...

Sounds like you had fun. Cats are ever so funny aren't they. I have very little patience with mine at the moment. xx

Michelle said...

Isn't it fun trying to stitch with help from a cat! So glad to hear that Jim is doing better and making progress.

Ranae said...

Glad to hear you made it safely to your destination Arizona.
It is always nice to put a face with the blog, thanks for sharing.
I think I would do CDC again instead of trying the triangles by Ink Circles. The triangles dont impress me, like I said before it might be the color they displayed with too. CDC went so smoothly for me. I have the right bottom circle to finish. I would love for you to post my CDC on the SAL for inspiration.

I dont know if I should post a pic before framing or wait? what you think?

Karin said...

What a great picture - I'm sure that the kitty had the best chair in the house!

Beatrice said...

I love the photo of you and Bach.
Glad you're already out and about with the gang. Have a great time.
We missed you on the weekend...I know you were there in spirit.

Anonymous said...

The weather sounds lovely! You look very comfy in the photo - I hope you got lots of stitching done :)

Cheryl said...

Thats a great photo! That weather sounds so great to me :)