Wednesday 26 March 2008

Stitching and stuff

I am really sorry everyone. I just don't seem to have any pep these days. I have been doing a little stitching and quilting but not up to my usual standards. Blogging has gone by the wayside too. I am reading and commenting where I can.
I have finished and sent off some squares for the Fair and Square exchange. I will post photos when they are received.
I have also done a little stitching on my newest project. Periphearia's Mystery Sampler 2008. It was quite the job to grid this thing and I hope it is right. I am not sure I like the colors but think I will stick with it for a while and see how it develops.


I belong to a group of quilters in my RV park in Yuma. This is my latest project. It is called Sunset Sky and it is another stain glass quilted hanging. It is ready for the batting and backing to be added. It will join the Flamingoes to be quilted. I have the angel to border and sandwich and they will all be ready to quilt when I return home to Canada. Hope you all had a lovely Easter.


10 comments:

mainely stitching said...

Oh, I'm sorry you've not been feeling tip-top, Kathy. Take care!

Karin said...

Your wall hanging is gorgeous! Congrats.

Sue said...

I love this SAL. I think the colors are beautiful ;)

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Hope you soon start getting your pep back...seems that I've been doing the same thing of late...
Love that quilt and I'm anxious to see how the SAL with Outi turns out.

Beatrice said...

Your quilt looks terrific. You need to come home and we will get you back into the stitching mood. It's been a long winter. I hope it's just the blues that you have and not an illness.
Your mystery Sampler looks like it will be a beautiful colour!
Mystery as in you don't know what it will look like? Interesting. It looks like a nice stitch so far!

Annemarie said...

Hope you find your stitching and blogging mojo soon, Kathy! The new mystery sampler you're working on is lovely! I like the colours, zo I can't wait to see your progress :o)

Hazel said...

Your spanish sampler looks great! I haven't even got my fabric for it yet or my threads!! Love the quilt piece. xx

Crazee4books said...

Hi Kathy,

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling up to scratch lately.
If you were here in Ontario I'd suggest that you might be feeling the too-extended-Winter blues. Hope that you start feeling better soon. After all, Spring is here!! Somewhere.

Your stain glass quilt is beautiful, and it really does put me in mind of a stain glass window. Love the colours in it and the wavy pattern in the sky/background.

And the angel quilt is so sweet. A simple looking design, but the more you look at it the more she stands out. Quite a graceful figure and design.

I loved reading about your experience with Canon, and how well they treated you and exceeded your expectations. It's not often you hear about that kind of service these days. I look forward to seeing the pictures that you'll be taking with your new camera.

The collage of pictures you posted of the Panda cake are wonderful. It was so neat seeing your son and grandsons enjoying their cakes. My mother made me a cat cake when I was around three...it had green icing!!!

Take care Kathy

Ranae said...

I love the colrs of the SAL. Maybe its a mistake, but I am not gridding it. I am going to wait for another part to be revealed before I start it. I love the look of the stained glass quilt hanging. Fabulous!!
I hope you get that pep back into your step very soon.
Take Care!!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Kathy! I think you just need to be back here amongst your stitching buddies and you'll get your pep back! YOu've been missing it for sometime now and I hope you're okay!

I tink the colours in your mystery sampler and going to be lovely.

Your latest quilt turned out fantastic!