Sunday 5 October 2008

Busy fingers

Good day everyone and how are you all these days? I am doing okay. The weather is starting to change. The nights are cold and the days are cool. My bones are starting to ache and it is time to move on. DH and I winter in Arizona. So, this next week my focus will be on packing up and closing down our home here in preparation for our shift to Arizona.
It has been a very productive stitching week and I have lots to share.
I received an email from BeckySC that she received the Autumn pinkeep that I made for her. This was her wish from the Make A Wish exchange. It is from Prairie Schooler's Autumn Leaves. It was my first pinkeep and I was very nervous about it. If you have seen Becky's blog she does the most beautiful finishes. Thank goodness, she likes it. My Halloween stitching. I found this freebie somewhere on a blog but can't for the life of me find it again. It turned out okay. I wished I had picked a bit darker fabric as the skeleton is a bit hard to see. I am going to finish it as a flatfold. I don't usually do Halloween as we are on the road to Arizona at that time of year but couldn't resist this one.I finally have some progress to show on Fairies in the Garden. We have some border and flowers. I think that my woes with this piece are behind me and now I can concentrate on moving forward. This is my Wednesday SAL with Anne from Knowledge and Needles. I also found the information on this - Britain's #1 Cross Stitcher magazine - May 2005.
My progress on my Winter Neighborhood RR. This is the new Winter pamphlet from Prairie Schooler. I love the little cardinal in the corner. It is progressing well. And in the mail this Friday - Michelle's Halloween RR. This is just the cutest. I have picked the pattern and threads and will start on it as soon as I finish the winter RR. And from waaayyyy down in the bottom of my stitching trunk - this piece. I started this Christmas stocking in the early 2000's if not sooner. It was stitched on 18 count navy. I could not see the holes. There are sections that are stitched with 3 strands of thread and on 18 count I did not like the look. I perservered at it for a few years and got the ark in the center done. Then one day, I decided no more. So, after reading the new blog "Let's Stitch" that Becky has started to encourage us to work on those old UFOs and BAP's that are languishing somewhere I decided to try again. I bought a new piece of 16 count navy and sat down for the Friday SAL. I am pleased with my progress. And I can see the holes in the fabric without a magnifier. So, hopefully this one now stands a chance of being finished! The old piece of 18 count navy - in the garbage - even for ornaments I would not be able to see it.

And last but not least, I found these questions on a blog and they made me stop and think. I will ask and answer these. Please feel free to answer them too. I would be very interested in your replies.

If you could put the last stitch in a piece of needlework you have already started what would it be?

For me it would be the aforementioned Noah's Ark Christmas Stocking.

If you could put the last stitch in a piece of needlework that you have not yet started what would it be?

Long Dog Samplers - Bagatelle.

Have a great week everyone.

19 comments:

Marion said...

Great stitching! I actually saw that Pin Keep on Becky's blog, but didn't realize it was from you!
I have never tried one of those.

Wow, you lucky person....going to Arizona for the winters!!!

Take care

Marion

Daffycat said...

Goodness, look at all that stitching. You have been busy!

I know exactly what you mean about stitching for Becky ~ me too. I think she was thrilled with your pinkeep!

Best wishes during your move. Yuck...packing!

Anonymous said...

Regarding your question about the last stitch in a piece of needlework, mine would have to be a quilt I began in 1975. The daughter I was making it for is now 36 years old.

Anonymous said...

You have some great pieces there and I just love the pinkeep that you made for Becky, it is adorable!

Annemarie said...

Goodness, Kathy, how busy you have been! I love your Halloweeny heart, and the pinkeep you did for Becky. Congratulations on your first pinkeep!
As for the Christmas stocking: I think you're very brave to re-start this. I don't think I could re-start anything after giving up the hope of ever finishing it the first time around!

Anonymous said...

Lots of pretty stitching. The flowers on the fairy piece are very, very pretty. Best though I just love that owl on your piece for Beccy. He has such a sweet face.

Ranae said...

Love the pinkeep you stitched for Becky. You have a great start on Winter. Everything looks great, makes me want to get off here and stitch,lol.

staci said...

Gorgeous stitching Kathy! That seems like so much work packing everything up and "moving"!!! Good luck!

Becky K in OK said...

I saw the pinkeep on Becky's blog. I love the design and how you finished it. Great job.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow you've got so many projects on the go!!!! Which one are you going to focus on during your dirve to AZ!

I'm sad you're leaving soon! Sniffle!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I saw your beautiful pinkeep on Becky's blog - you OUTDID yourself on that one :o)
And I love that Halloween Heart...cute!
And your stocking will be GORGEOUS :o)

Jenny said...

Wow, you have been busy recently! You make me want to make more time for my own stitching. All looks great too.

Jinger said...

Your pinkeep turned out great! Nice work! Of course, I love Prairie Schooler! :-)

What a neat freebie chart! Will have to see if I can locate that on the web.

I absolutely love what you are stitching for the Winter Neighborhood RR. Lovely! Again, love that PS!

Can't wait to see what you stitch for the Halloween RR piece.

Beatrice said...

All your stitching is great. I'm so proud of you for starting the Noah's Ark again...good for you I will be cheering you on.

Stitchingranny said...

Oh Kathy though you have lots of lovely stitching there (especially the pinkeep) I am thrilled to see you stitching Fairies at the Bottom of My Garden. I do not know if you know but I have this in my rota (though mine has a lot of alterations lol). I dare say yours will be finished long before mine but I shall so enjoy watching it as I have never seen anyone else stitch this piece.

I look forward to hearing all about Arizona - now thats my idea of a good life when you can pack up and follow the sun for the winter.

Hazel said...

Wow lovely treasures I see!! Great pinkeep! Last stitch on something I haven't started yet would have to be a Josephine Wall Haed I have that is 60 pages long!!!! On the one I have started it would be my UFO Polar Santa. Now, where's that new blog.... xx

Stephanie said...

You have indeed been busy Kathy! Your pinkeep for Becky is gorgeous - you have surprised yourself but not me with your finishing skill :) Well done on hauling out that old stocking and starting it afresh - one day we'll all eventually finish everything we've ever started. Right??!! Definitely if I could put the last stitch in on something it would have to be...Paradigm Lost!!

Carolien said...

Hello dear Kathy,

You are so fast with all those lovely stitches! (I'm a snail, you know ...) I love your Halloween pinkeep and that beautiful flower you made the most.
Indecent question: could you please send me an email with your address in Arizona? I have something for you and need to send it to you soon, but I don't think I have your address in Arizona. You do have my email adress, if not, please yell and I will give it to you. Take care and I hope your preparations for 'the move' will go well.

Hugs, Carolien

Anonymous said...

Last year I believe I stitched the Halloween heart. I had thought stitching on white might not show that lovely skeleton so I used a greyish color, but yours is marvelous, the cat is spooky!