Tuesday 25 November 2008

WOW!!!! and WOW!!!

Hi everyone. Before I get to my stitching progress this week, I have something special to show you.
I have a very good friend named Debbie who lives in Virginia. She and I met RVing several years ago. I have not seen her in a few years. She is a faithful reader of my blog. She is also an awesome stitcher although she is shy about it.

She sent me a gift this past week - check this out!

Spirit of Cross Stitch Angel
by Brooks Nolan
semi-kit of chart, perforated paper and beads

Angel and wings are done on evenweave, then stiffened and cut with scissors and exacto knife
Deb cut herself and in her words - it was made with "blood, sweat and not too many tears"
She then layered it with two sided sticky squares. She says that this Angel will protect me when I lose my stitching mojo and also help keep away the dreaded frogs.
I immediately hung it beside my stitching chair.
Thank you Deb. It is a special gift and I will treasure it always!!!!!


I also received a lovely gift from my friend Christin a while back and only now remembered that I did not show it to anyone. This is a beautiful scissor fob and I can tell she put much thought into it.



It is in my favorite color and check out the little nutcracker. Thank you so much Christin.

I have been stitching away this past week. Unfortunately, I can only show you my progress on Paradigm - 2/3 of the way through page 12!

I sent out 2 Fair and Squares this past week and I am busily stitching away on a secret exchange.
I also worked on Jack's quilt. I have the top done and his valance made. I have to go get fabric for the back and then will start putting it together.

Till next time every one - may the Cross Stitch Angel watch over you and your stitches.

16 comments:

Beatrice said...

Wow wow is right that is sooooo cute!Pl looks great too!!!!!!

Daffycat said...

Oh, Kathy, that angel Debbie made for you is wonderful! What a very special gift. Enjoy!

Let me know if it works on frogs...

Ranae said...

The CS angel is just so beautiful, sure hope she helps with the mojo.
The scissors FOB is also beautiful, love the color.
PL is looking great,

Michele said...

omgosh! that is the prettiest angel! what a wonderful gift from your dear friend :) and what a sweet scissor fob from your other friend .. aren't fobs wonderful :)

PL is coming along great!

mainely stitching said...

What utterly wonderful gifts! :D

Karol said...

What great gifts. May your angel always watch over you.

Jenny said...

What nice gifts! Your one lucky lady. The paradigm is coming along nicely too. :)

Cindy F. said...

WOW is right! The angel is absolutely beautiful! How lucky you are to receive such a gorgeous gift and have such a wonderful friend:)
Love the scissor fob--it's colors and the charm:)
Great progress on PL!

Lisa said...

That angel is absolutely gorgeous! And I'm loving your progress on your PL.

Lucy said...

The angel is lovely!!!!!

Sharon said...

Such a gorgeous gift!

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a special gift!

Carolien said...

Now this is a very charming solution for your frog problem! Great.

Happy Thanksgiving & hugs, Carolien

Aussie Stitcher said...

The Angel is gorgeous Kathy. PL is getting there, not much more to go.

Becky K in OK said...

Hey there, great gifts. Enjoy them. I like your stitching area!

Chris said...

What a beautiful angel I had seen it on BBs but had no idea how it was finshed, wow what a lot of work and she did it for you, a friend indeed...

Loved your stitching too, the paradigm is coming along nicely.

Chris