Saturday 27 November 2010

Adios Amigos

Popping by to update the blog and then it's adios, amigos. Friends of ours have won a week at a resort in Mexico and have invited us to go with them. Yipee!! Mexico bound we are in the morning.

Stitching away on a gift that I cannot show you.

I did however receive a note from Rowyn saying she had received the Christmas exchange I sent her.
I stitched for her the Brittercup Kittie from the 2010 JCS Ornament Magazine and included a couple of little extras.






 I have been trying to decide for a while what to do with my Fair and Square blocks and this is what I came up with.  Grant it this is just the top and I have much more work to do. I was so thrilled that I wanted to show it off.



There are a couple of sets that I did not use in the wall hanging. Melissa W.'s set made a lovely pillow. Karen R. stitched me a wonderful nutcracker that will be an ornament.

I have been making a couple quilt blocks too. Every year the ladies quilt group makes blocks that we sew togetherand make into a raffle quilt to raise money for the local mission. This year we are making house blocks.
Here are my two blocks. Of course, one had to be a light house!




Well, off to finish packing. My stitching is coming with me and I will see what I can accomplish.

I read my way through all the blogs - over 650.  I am sorry that I did not comment. I didn't know where to start. You are all so amazing and I love reading all the wonderful things you write and the gorgeous stitching that you do.
I will try to post from Mexico. The hotel is supposed to have internet.  Until then - adios!!!!

18 comments:

Karin said...

Have a great time in Mexico! Lovely exchange, and what a great idea for the fair and square blocks.

Carolyn NC said...

Love the stitching and F and S exchanges - all looks great! Have a wonderful time in Mexico!

Rowyn said...

Have a wondrful time in Mexico.

Thanks again for the Christmas exchange. I loved everything and the Britty Kitty ornament is adorable. I can't wait to get the Christmas tree up.

I love what you have done with your Fair and Square squares. Beautiful! I spotted the ones I stitched for you in there. What a fantastic way to display them all!

Aussie Stitcher said...

I hope you have a wonderful time in Mexico. I love kitty pin cushion, very cute. A wall hanging is a great way to show off your Fair and Square exchange squares,well done.

Carol said...

Have a great time in sunny Mexico, Kathy! Love your little Brittercup piece and your quilt squares--especially the light house design... Your wall hanging really showcases all the blocks you've received so well--great layout :)

Daffycat said...

Have a great time, Kathy!

Lynn said...

Enjoy Kathy!! And I don't have envy at all!
I love your Britty Kitty ornament and I think it's a great idea that you've come up with for displaying your squares.

Claire said...

Have a fun holiday.Great exchange!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Have a GREAT time in Mexico!!!

That ornament looks great and has gone onto my should stitch list.

That quilt is going to be spectacular!

sandra said...

Love what you are doing with the fairsquares! And the bloks are gorgeous, the lighthouse is so cute!

Have a great time in Mexico! Don't have to much tequillas!

Joy said...

I hope you have a great time. The kitty is AWESOME. I don't have the magazine yet but I see a trip to store in my future. Maybe even today!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

WOW! Your Fair Squares are gorgeous :)
Congratulations on that divine piece of work there!
As is the gorgeous Kitty ornie exchange you sent along to its new home!
GO GIRL to Mexico!!! You'll have a BLAST!

Margaret said...

Lucky you!! Have a great trip.

Lovely stitching and quilting. What a unique way to display your F&S.

Adios!!

Jenny said...

I'm so jealous - you will have a great time in Mexico! :)

Meari said...

Lucky you getting to go to Mexico!

Your F&S pieces look great as does the exchange you sent off.

Judy S. said...

Hope you are having a fabulous time!

Siobhán said...

Wow, Mexico!! Have some (as in, 10 or 15) margaritas for me! ;)

I love the exchange piece, and what you're doing with the F&S blocks! What a neat idea. gorgeous quilt blocks, too.

Brigitte said...

What you were doing with the F&S pieces is fantastic. An absolutely great idea!
I hope you are having a fun week in Mexico. There's certainly no snow like over here, lol. So enjoy your time there.