Sunday 21 November 2010

Guess Who

Back from the great beyond, here I am. Not really the great beyond but Windsor, Ontario,  Guthrie Center, Iowa, Paxton, Nebraska, Denver, Colorado, Flagstaff, Arizona and home to Yuma, Arizona. It was a wonderful trip. The weather was gorgeous - sunny and warm the entire trip of 10 days.
And then, the dust!!!!! It took 4 days to unpack and clean out six months worth of dust! We must have had lots of wind in the 6 months we were gone.

All my stash is organized and tucked in corners. You would roll over laughing if you saw how much stash I brought with me for the next 6 months. You would think that I stitched day and night - wait a minute - I do ROFL.

I am still plagued with tendonitis in my elbow and so I have to restrict my stitching time.

I have managed to stitch a couple of exchanges and a set of Fair Squares. None of these have been received yet so photos will have to wait.

I do have a few things to show you. I won Day 13th of the 31 Days of Halloween put on by Missy Ann and Annette. Maybe because it was Day 13 my package made an extended trip - to Canada - after I had left there, back to Annette and then on to me in Arizona. It was a fun package to receive. I think of Annette every time I use her Halloween pencil. The lovely Kylie made me a wonderful book mark. The book - devoured in a matter of hours and now I have to find more of the series.


I received this wonderful little kit as a thank you some time back and stitched it up in the car during my journey. The buttons make this one just so very special. It is a Stitch' Em kit from Hob Nobb Designs.- SP9 - Sunflowers.


I received my Fair Squares from Joan in Friday's mail. Isn't this a gorgeous piece! I love it!
It is Little House Needleworks - Winter Sampler - from the 2009 JCS Ornament magazine. The card that she included is hand done. Beautiful! Thank you Mama Joan!


If you are ever looking for a fun group and a great bunch of people join a round of the Fair and Square Exchange blog. It has been such a treat for me. I have a series of the most beautiful squares and I am in the process of making a wallhanging with them. Each square that I sew together reminds me of the wonderful people that I have met and the friends I have made through this exchange.

I do apologize for being offline for so long. I just seem to have hit a slump. I know my sore elbow is making me cranky. I am stitching on a birthday gift for a friend and I am worried that I will not get it done in time. Okay, enough whining. I am off to read over 650 posts in my Google Reader. Please understand if I do not comment but I am reading one and all!!!

Till next time stitch fans, stitch your heart out!!!!!

19 comments:

Karin said...

What a great prize! Enjoy being home.

Tina said...

What a lovely prize to receive,love the sunflowers,can i ask you what fabbie you used,love the square too,hope you are feeling better soon

Tina

sandra said...

It's good to have you back!
Gorgeous sunflowers!
Get well soon...

Kathy A. said...

Tina - the fabric is Picture This Plus 28 Jazlyn - Mystic.

Myra said...

Welcome back! I love the little sunflower piece, those buttons are so cute. Looks like you got some nice prizes and a beautiful exchange. I hope your elbow feels better soon.

Shannon said...

Glad to see you back! :)

Lynn said...

It's good to hear from you and I'm glad you had a safe trip. I love your sunflower piece. It's so cute!
Nice prize package too. The book looks interesting.
I hope that elbow responds to the warmth down there and heals soon!

Judy S. said...

Can't remember if you're collecting the Sanborn Blackwork 2010, but 2 new patterns are out. Enjoy that sunshine for me, will you? It's very chilly here!

Anonymous said...

Hope that elbow heals quickly!!!
Gosh, I didn't know the F&S exchange was still active. Joan stitched you a beautitul square!!!!

Hazel said...

Lovely to see you back. xx

Jenny said...

Good to see you posting again. :)

Daffycat said...

Welcome back, Kathy!

Would an elbow support brace help at all? It sucks not stitching when you crave it...

Katrina said...

Glad you are safely in Arizona, hope your elbow is better soon too.

Cute squares and gift too!

Missy Ann said...

I love the Kate Daniels books so much.

If that's my birthday - don't sweat it. So long as it doesn't come wrapped in Christmas paper all sins will be forgiven. lol

Carolyn NC said...

Glad to see you back! Lovely gifts, exchanges, and stitching!

Beatrice said...

I love the sunflowers...sweet!
Hope your elbow is getting better!

Rachel S-H said...

Great to see you posting again! You got some lovely prizes and goodies.

Clara said...

Wow! Here you are again. Love the sunflowers they're so nice. Don't care about the dust, you'd better stitching! Enjoy your weekend, Clara.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Glad you made it safe and sound and everything is in its place! Now to count down the days until I see you over the holidays, and March Break!!!