Tuesday 20 December 2011

Wow, A finish, some pretty stitches and a nut!

Well, making a WIPocalypse list seems to have spurred me on to some new stitches.

I picked up my Jardin Prive - Sampler des Bouquets and finished another section. I love working on this one but get bored with it easily. I am on Part III and hope to have this finished the first of the year.


I picked up the latest Band Sampler that arrived. This one is based on Drawn Thread bands. I picked a few bands from Toccato Two and stitched away. What a beautiful sampler this is.


Browsing around in my basket I found this one tucked in the side. The color appealed to me and I pulled it out. I worked on it most of the weekend and tonight. Before I knew it, it was finished. Oh why did I procrastinate so long. This is JBW Teddy Bear and I will frame this as a birth sampler. The fabric is a beautiful mauve Sparklies cut that was gifted to me.


And Dani and I decided on an ornament exchange this year. She has emailed me that she received the ornament I sent her and here it is.  Handsome fella isn't he! It is laying on a piece of the backing fabric.


I would like to take a minute and thank all the wonderful people who stopped by and commented on my blog lately. I have been very remiss in posting and reading and commenting on blogs and was concerned that my readership may have fallen off. It is nice to know that my blog is still of interest.

Well, the Christmas rush is in full swing and there are lots of events taking place these days.
Leo and I will be hosting 6 couples for Christmas dinner - Arizona retirement style - potluck! Since none of us will be going home to spend the holidays with our families this year, we will get together and celebrate the season the best we can.

Until next time, I hope the smell of all that wonderful Christmas baking and all those smiling faces don't tempt a single frog your way.

21 comments:

Mouse said...

oooo love that jardin prive one .... fingers crossed you get it finished and love the jbw teddy too ... isn't sparklies fabric lovely :) enjoy the holiday season :) love mouse xxx

Carolien said...

Hi Kathy,

Your Jardin Prive looks wonderful. And that soldier is really 'cool', hihi ...

Have a very nice and merry Christmas time.
Loads of Dutch hugs, Carolien

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Your Jardin Prive is looking wonderful Kathy!
And I wish I would have seen your JBW Teddy sooner...I am a new aunt and picked a sampler to do, but your idea is better. Oh well....
Merry Christmas to you and Leo! May you have a blessed holiday celebration among your friends in AZ!

Vicki said...

Your needle has been busy! All of your projects look terrific, but the Teddy Bear is my favorite. I just finished two baby samplers this year for new grandbabies and I wish I had that pattern for my new granddaughter. Enjoy your Christmas here in AZ...

Lesleyanne said...

Your projects are really lovely. Gorgeous gift sent to Dani. Have a lovely Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Deborah said...

Your Jardin Prive is coming along beautifully! I have it in the stash but haven't started it yet. The teddy bear is the cutest. Have a great holiday.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh I have been eyeing that pattern for a while just don't like the price from the uk. It is gorgess good job!

Ranae said...

Pretty WIP's
Good Luck on finishing the JP
Cute nutcracker ornie
Merry Christmas and Happy Heathly 2012

Unknown said...

All your pieces are fantastic! I am a special lover of JBW!

Have a Merry Christmas with your friends.

Veronica said...

Beautiful WiPs, Kathy. Sampler des Bouquets is gonna be gorgeous when it's finished. Congrats on completing the cute Teddy Bear birth sampler.

Hugs,
Veronica.

Carol said...

Your AZ potluck Christmas dinner sounds wonderful to me, Kathy--glad you found some other emptynesters down there to share the holiday with!

You're so close to a finish on Sampler des Bouquets--I think that is one of my favorite samplers that I've seen on blogs in 2011...Can't wait to see the final finish photo :)

Cute nutcracker that you sent to Dani and I love the purple birth sampler--I'll have to remember that chart as I have a couple of friends who have grandbabies in their future.

Merry Christmas to you and your family, Kathy...

Lynn said...

Love that little teddy! It's perfect for a birth sampler and so much simpler.
Jardin Prive is looking great! I see Beatrice has finished hers now. Sooner or later I'll get around to this one.
Your nutcracker ornie is adorable! I'll bet Dani loved it.
I love your idea for Christmas dinner. Soooo much easier! Enjoy your time with your friends. Our day will be a quiet one. The family are all arriving on Boxing Day this year.
Merry Christmas to both you and Leo!

Catherine said...

Great stitches all around - you look very close to finishing Jardin Prive!
Enjoy your dinner - sounds like a fun time, and have a very Merry Christmas!

Meari said...

Congrats on finishing the bear birth sampler. Very cute. Love the solider ornament also -- cute, cute.

Wow, you're almost finished with the Jardin Prive. Love that one. Do you have plans for the chart when you're finished?

We do potlucks for Christmas, too. Had one at work today, LOL. Yum!


Merry Christmas, Kathy!

Anonymous said...

love
all your work...it's so pretty! Have a great christmas dinner with your friends. Happy stitching!
~~Gayle~~

Michele B. said...

Finished or still in progress, it's always such fun to see what you have been up to. Jardin Prive is just lovely, and it looks like you are in the home stretch. The teddy bear is just adorable. I love the color combinations in the band sampler. Have a wonderful Christmas - I'm glad you've found a nice way to celebrate even without being with your family.

Nima said...

Merry chrismas to you and yours. enjoy the holidays

Judy S. said...

Jardin Drive is going to be beautiful, Kathy. I also love the band sampler. Thanks so much for the San-Man heads up; I'd not checked that site for quite a while. Have a warm and happy Christmas!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Kathy knowing you, you'll have that Jardin piece finished in no time!

Hmmm wonder where you got that JBW idea from? Sure does stitch up quickly and is very effective!

Siobhán said...

Lovely work! That Jardin Prive sampler is so pretty. The JBW Teddy Bear turned out so cute! Great job on everything!

Einschies blog said...

Ohhhh nearly finished with your JP design...I have this one too...but I haven´t much stitching mojo at the moment...hope this will be better soon;-)))

Kathy I have no free time actually to search for the DMC floss I need, will do that next week...

Happy new year;-)

Gaby